GIFFARD respects your right to privacy. We put in place all the necessary measures to guarantee the security of the personal data that you transmit to us.
This personal data protection policy (“the Policy”) describes the types of information that GIFFARD may collect from you or that you may communicate to us.
Thus, by visiting this Site and communicating electronically with us, you agree to our use of indirect personal data (cookies, login information) as described in our COOKIES POLICY. If you do not agree to this Policy, you must refrain from using the Site and providing us with your personal information.
This Policy may be modified at any time.
If you continue to use our Website after any changes we have made become effective, you will be deemed to have accepted those changes. Therefore, please check this Policy regularly.
How is your personal data collected?
We collect your personal data when:
- You create your customer account on our giffard.com website
- You make a purchase on our giffard.com website
- You browse our giffard.com site and view products
- You participate in a game or contest
- You contact our customer service
What data is collected?
We may collect and use the following information (non-exhaustive list, the data being collected by offer being indicated in the terms and conditions or the rules of the offer in which you participate):
Surname, first name, postal address, email address, date of birth, password
Purchase point of sale
Audience measurement cookies
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you, such as the type of internet browsers you use or the website containing the link you used to our site. We may also gather, in the form of statistics, information that you have submitted to the site (for example, the city where you live). You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to help us provide an efficient service on this site. We may from time to time provide third parties with such non-personal or aggregated statistical data for use in connection with this site.
How long is your personal data kept?
Your data is kept for the time strictly necessary for the management of the commercial relationship, with the exception of data whose minimum retention period results from a legal or regulatory obligation or the expiration of a limitation period.
- If you are a Giffard customer, the personal data of your customer account and those relating to your orders are kept as long as you are an active customer, then for the legal periods of limitation (5 years or 10 years depending on the type of data from the last activity).
- If you are a prospect who has not created a customer account and who has not purchased a product from Giffard, your personal data is kept for a period of three years from the last activity.
- Cookies for commercial purposes are kept for a maximum of 13 months from their deposit.
What are the uses of your personal data?
The information collected is recorded in a file computerized by:
- Publisher: Giffard, Chemin du Bocage, ZA La Violette, 49240 AVRILLE, RCS Angers B 054 200 217, as part of the proper management of the site as well as for advertising and commercial prospecting purposes.
- Possibly GIFFARD’s business partners: in order to offer you additional products and services that may be of interest to you.
We respect your privacy and will therefore only use your personal data for this purpose with prior notice.
More specifically, we could therefore use, but only on the basis of the prior collection of your consent, your personal information to:
- manage the offers and promotions in which you participate
- respond to questions or enquiries you submit
- send you, by email, information that you have requested such as promotional codes or a newsletter, on the basis of your consent
- send you promotional offers
- create products or services that may meet your needs
- compile traffic statistics. In order to optimize our services we may wish to use your personal data for direct marketing purposes, based on our legitimate interest.
- automated decision-making via profiling.
When you have given your express consent to the use of your data for commercial prospecting purposes, GIFFARD may send you by MAIL information allowing you to know and use the site better, and to make you GIFFARD offers.
GIFFARD has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO) responsible for ensuring the protection of personal data and compliance with the law in the company. You can contact them for any information or to exercise your rights at the following address:
GIFFARD – Chemin du Bocage – ZA La Violette – 49240 AVRILLE – FRANCE
Finally, you can contact the Commission Nationale Informatique et Libertés (CNIL).
GIFFARD never shares your personal data with any third party (outside the Group) likely to use them for direct advertising purposes, unless you have expressly authorized us to do so.
We may disclose your personal data to official bodies or agencies in the event that we are required to do so to meet a legal obligation or if according to our judgement in good faith, such action is reasonably necessary in the context of a legal process; to respond to any complaint or legal action; or to protect the rights of the GIFFARD group or its customers and consumers.
What are your rights and how to exercise them?
In accordance with the amended Data Protection Act of 06.01.1978, as well as the European Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have right over your personal data:
- right of access to your data,
- right of rectification of your data,
- right to oppose the processing (for example, request to no longer receive emails),
- right to withdraw your consent,
- right to erasure of your data,
- right to limit processing (your data is not deleted but we make it unavailable),
- right of portability (you receive a file with the data you have entrusted to us, or you ask us to transmit this file directly to a third party).
You can assert your rights by making your request by post or e-mail to the following address GIFFARD – Chemin du Bocage – ZA La Violette – 49240 AVRILLE – FRANCE –. Any request must be clear, precise and justified, and accompanied by a copy of an identity document and made in accordance with the applicable legal framework.
In the event of exercise of the right of opposition to the processing of data or if the data communicated proves to be erroneous or fanciful, the services linked to the collection of data cannot be provided, GIFFARD cannot in any case engage its responsibility.
The security of your data:
Secure Operating Environments – We store your information in secure operating environments that are protected from public view. We apply generally accepted industry standards for the protection of personal data. Unfortunately the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure and, although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data during transmission to our websites. After receiving your information, we apply strict procedures and security measures to prevent unauthorized access.
Storage – the storage and processing of your information and the use or disclosure of your information may require the transfer and/or storage of such information in the European Economic Area and its processing by personnel of a supplier located in those territories.
Our suppliers and service providers are bound by a contract which ensures a high level of data protection and requires (among other clauses) that they implement all necessary technical measures on an ongoing basis to keep your personal data secure.
Our main service provider for web hosting is located in France. By accepting the terms of this Policy, you agree to such transfer, storage, and/or processing.