Famous tequila cocktail, which disputed origins go back as far as the 1940s.
ABV : medium+
Difficulty level : ***
- Glass : cocktail
- Method : shake
- Ice : –
- Garnish : salt rim
- Coat the rim of a chilled cocktail glass with salt and set aside
- Add the ingredients to a shaker
- Ice up 2/3 of the shaker with cubed ice
- Shake vigourously for 7 to 10 seconds
- Strain into the chilled rimmed glass with no ice
- Garnish and serve
- For the “on the rocks” version : serve in a rocks glass with cubed ice
The rim will modify the balance and the texture of the drink, it is recomended to rim only half of the glass to leave the consumer the choice of tasting the drink with or without the added salt.